This salt scrub is infused with green tea & peppermint essential oil
This peppermint salt scrub leaves my skin feeling amazing. I love to experiment making body care products. When I DIY them, they only contain pure and non-toxic ingredients. This is also a great way to save money and do something special for your health.
You will love the texture of this salt scrub!
The oils are a mixture of sesame and coconut oil which are both lovely skin oils. The weight of the sesame oil combined with coconut oil turned out better then any combination I have ever tried. I recommend you try this blend just as I have written it in the recipe below.
If you want to change it up, try another flavor of tea such as Earl Grey. Essential oils can always be changed out for your favorite blend.
I started out with two organic tea bags. As everything melted together I decided to add two additional bags. Every brand is different. Start with two bags and add more if you feel its needed. I wanted to see a good amount of green specks showing in my finished salt scrub.
Because I wanted my tea to infuse into the oil, I warmed up my oven to 170 degrees. The coconut oil and green tea were placed in the warm oven for about thirty minutes.
Large measuring cups are great for DIY projects like this. It’s so nice and easy to pour into containers once everything is completely blended.
Green Tea Peppermint Salt Scrub
- Small oven proof container
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Oil
- 1 3/4 Cup Basic Table Salt
- 4 Green Tea Bags
- Peppermint Essential Oil (I used 14 drops)
- Heat oven to 170 degrees. Put Coconut Oil in an oven safe bowl. Open 4 Green Tea Bags and add to Coconut Oil. Let it steep together for about 1/2 hour.
- Pour the mixture into a large measuring cup or mixing bowl.
- Add in Peppermint Essential Oil
- Add in salt and stir till completely mixed.
- Pour into containers